- Must have the basic equipment for a Powerlifting competition such as a platform, a squat rack and bench rack that fall within the guidelines of the IPF rulebook(an approved competition Squat/Bench Press combo rack is preferred) and a calibrated weight-set shall be required. A scoreboard is also recommended but not required.
- A powerlifting light system is recommended but the use of red and white flags shall be acceptable.
- A full compliment of provincial level referees
- The Alberta Powerlifting Union Banner and any Official APU sponsorship banners shall be hung within view of the competition platform.
- Effort shall be made to provide an adequate warm-up area and a rules clinic if necessary.
- "School Boy Lifting" (competing in form fitting shorts and T-shirt) shall be allowed but any lifter choosing to do so shall not be eligible to set any records.
- High-School meets are exempt from the meet entry surcharge but are likewise barred from having open competitors.