- Must have the basic equipment for a Powerlifting competition such as a platform, a squat rack/ bench press combo rack that fall within the guidelines of the IPF rulebook(an approved competition Squat/Bench Press combo rack is preferred) and a calibrated weight-set shall be required. A scoreboard is also required.
- A powerlifting light system is required but red and white flags shall be on hand in case of a light system malfunction.
- A full compliment of provincial level referees, National referees are not required.
- The Alberta Powerlifting Union Banner and any Official APU sponsorship banners shall be hung within view of the competition platform.
- An adequate warm-up area shall be provided, the size of which shall depend on the number of entrants.
- A meet entry surcharge of $5 per lifter shall be paid within a month of the event to the APU.