- A provincial level meet is currently the highest level of event the APU shall sanction.
- Must have the basic equipment for a Powerlifting competition such as a platform, an approved competition Squat/Bench Press combo rack and a calibrated weight-set shall be required. A scoreboard is also required.
- A powerlifting light system is required but red and white flags shall be on hand in case of a light system malfunction.
- A full compliment of provincial level referees, no less than three national level referees are required for national records to be set.
- The Alberta Powerlifting Union Banner, the APU provincials banner, and any Official APU sponsorship banners shall be hung within view of the competition platform.
- An adequate warm-up area shall be provided, the size of which shall depend on the number of entrants. Effort shall be made to provide quality.
- The meet director shall make an effort to provide a separate staging area for the competitors so the lifters can prepare for their attempt out of view of the audience.
- A meet entry surcharge of $5 per lifter shall be paid within a month of the event to the APU.